Pop CultureTV & MoviesCelebrityBest of the InternetAnimalsMusicRewindBooksLGBTQ
ShoppingLatestGift GuidesHomeFashionTechBeauty & Personal CareKidsPetsSex ToysSports & FitnessStoresSubscriptionsBuzzFeed Merch
VideoLatestCocoa ButterNEW!Mom In ProgressWorth ItUnsolved True CrimeUnsolved SupernaturalMultiplayerPero LikeCocoa Butter
LifestyleAs/Is: StyleBringMe: TravelGoodful: WellnessNifty: DIYParentsFoodWeddingsSex And LoveNEW!
CommunityWhat is Community?Join Community!Featured PostsLeaderboard
Gift GuidesAmazing Gifts For EveryoneCovetable Holiday GiftsGifts For Your Entire ListGifts Kids Will Totally LoveTotally Amazing Kitchen FindsUltimate Gifts For KidsGifts To Please Your CrowdSnuggle BundleLast-Minute Holidays BuysBest Gifts For Beauty And StyleUnique Gifts Everyone Needs
From Our PartnersScience Will WinHoliday Cookie ShowdownIt's Your JourneyHey BaeBeauty & Style BuzzHolidays Make Us Feel GoodCalling All Travel LoversLA Living
AboutAbout UsAdvertiseInvestor RelationsJobsNewslettersEditionUSUKAustraliaBrasilCanadaDeutschlandIndiaJapanLatamCalifornia residents can opt out of "sales" of personal data.Do Not Sell My Personal Information © 2022 BuzzFeed, Inc PressRSSPrivacyConsent PreferencesUser TermsAccessibility StatementAd ChoicesHelpContactSitemapBuzzFeed NewsReporting on what you care about. We hold major institutions accountable and expose wrongdoing.BuzzFeed TastySearch, watch, and cook every single Tasty recipe and video ever - all in one place!BuzzFeed GoodfulSelf care and ideas to help you live a healthier, happier life.BuzzFeed Bring MeObsessed with travel? Discover unique things to do, places to eat, and sights to see in the best destinations around the world with Bring Me!BuzzFeed As IsSomething for everyone interested in hair, makeup, style, and body positivity.Celebrity·Posted 7 minutes ago
17 Celeb Couples Who Were Set Up By Other Celebs
"How'd you meet?" "Through a friend!"by Kristen Harris
Some people, whether they're in a relationship or single, love to play matchmaker for their friends. Plenty of couples — including celeb ones — started dating because a mutual friend decided they'd be good together.
Tap to play or pause GIF Tap to play or pause GIF
truTV / Via giphy.com
Here are 17 celebrity couples who were set up by other celebs:
1. In 2013, Ed Sheeran brought Johnny McDaid, his "Bad Habits" and "Shape of You" cowriter, to Courteney Cox's house, and they were engaged a year later.
Karwai Tang / WireImage / George Pimentel / Getty Images / Via Getty
They briefly split, but nine months later, they got back together and have been together ever since.
2. After Meghan Trainor recruited Chloë Grace Moretz to help her find a boyfriend, she introduced her to Daryl Sabara, whom she married in 2018.
Gregg DeGuire / WireImage / Karwai Tang / WireImage / Via Getty
3. Nicole Richie introduced her brother-in-law Benji Madden to Cameron Diaz, whom he married in 2015.
Amy Sussman / Getty Images for Baby2Baby / Donato Sardella / Getty Images for REVOLVE / Via Getty
4. At a party, Jesse Tyler Ferguson introduced his Modern Family costar Sofía Vergara to Joe Manganiello, and they tied the knot in 2015.
Matt Winkelmeyer / Getty Images for iHeartRadio / Karwai Tang / Getty Images
On The Late Late Show With James Corden, Ferguson said, "When she broke up with her fiancé at the time, Joe — like immediately, the moment it was out in the world — called me and was like: ‘I need her number.'"
5. In 2007, Robert Downey Jr. set up Justin Theroux and Jennifer Aniston, who were married from 2015–17.
Karwai Tang / WireImage / JB Lacroix / WireImage / Via Getty
They first bonded over their Waldorf grade-schooling.
6. Backstage at Saturday Night Live in 2005, Drew Barrymore introduced Jimmy Fallon to her business partner Nancy Juvonen, and they got married in 2007.
Taylor Hill / FilmMagic / Todd Williamson / Getty Images / Via Getty
After their first meeting, Fallon and Juvonen reunited on the set of Fever Pitch, which was produced by the company she and Barrymore run.
7. In 2010, Emily Blunt helped get her sister Felicity Blunt and her The Devil Wears Prada costar Stanley Tucci together at her wedding, and they had a wedding of their own two years later.
David M. Benett / Getty Images for Audi
8. Beth Behrs introduced her 2 Broke Girls costar Kat Dennings to Josh Groban, and they dated from 2014–16.
Rich Fury / Getty Images / Jeffrey Mayer / WireImage / Via Getty
Behrs told People, "They happened to both be single for once at the same time... It didn’t take much coaxing for either of them.”
9. NBA player Brandon Jennings set up Khloé Kardashian and Tristan Thompson, who dated on and off from 2016–22.
Andrew Toth / Getty Images for PUMA / Jerritt Clark / Getty Images for Klutch Sports Group / Via Getty
10. At the 1996 Deauville Film Festival, Antonio Banderas and Melanie Griffith, who were together at the time, introduced Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas, who got married in 2000.
Charles Norfleet / FilmMagic / Rich Fury / Getty Images / Via Getty
11. Chef Roblé Ali introduced The Real Housewives of Atlanta star Kenya Moore to Marc Daly, whom she married in 2017 but filed for divorce from in 2021.
Noam Galai / WireImage / Paras Griffin / Getty Images / Via Getty
12. Sienna Miller and her then-partner Tom Sturridge allegedly introduced Robert Pattinson and FKA Twigs, who dated from 2014–17.
David M. Benett / Getty Images / Karwai Tang / WireImage
Pattinson and Twigs were engaged after six months together.
13. At the 1996 Soul Train Music Awards, Anita Baker told Tamia that she knew the perfect man for her — Grant Hill, whom she married in 1999.
Shareif Ziyadat / FilmMagic / Via Getty
It look six months for Tamia and Hill to meet because she was living in Canada at the time. However, once they finally met, he felt it was love at first sight.
14. Jonathan Groff is the reason that his Frozen director Jennifer Lee and Alfred Molina met, and he officiated their wedding in 2021.
Kelly Sullivan / Getty Images / Alberto E. Rodriguez / Getty Images for Disney / Via Getty
"We owe him the world," Lee said on Instagram.
15. At a dinner party she hosted, Gwyneth Paltrow introduced Jake Gyllenhaal and Taylor Swift, who dated from 2010–11.
Amy Sussman / Getty Images for WGAW / Dimitrios Kambouris / Getty Image / Steve Granitz / FilmMagic / Via Getty
Gyllenhaal was a friend of Paltrow's then-husband Chris Martin.
16. Ellie Goulding set up Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris, who dated from 2015–16.
Karwai Tang / WireImage / Jeff Kravitz/BMA2015 / FilmMagic / Via Getty
She thought they'd be good together because they're both tall.
17. And finally, when Hilarie Burton was visiting Jensen Ackles and his wife, Danneel Harris, in Los Angeles, he introduced her to his Supernatural costar Jeffrey Dean Morgan, whom she married in 2019.
Albert L. Ortega / Getty Images / Axelle/Bauer-Griffin / FilmMagic
Ackles co-officiated their wedding with Norman Reedus.
Share This ArticleFacebookPinterestTwitterMailLink